Sunday 12 January 2014

Gallops!

Saturday was a surprising day...

Maggie and I loaded the horses and met Katy at the gallops to give Sadhira could have a real workout.  For non-horsey people, here's a picture (thanks New Forest Equestrian Services):


Basically an equestrian running track - a good surface and no need to stop.

I wasn't supposed to be joining them but Cheyenne was so cross at being left behind when Sadhira trotted off that she made a fuss - jumping around and making a lot of noise.  I never know whether to humour or ignore her so was valiantly ignoring her display when Maggie suggested it might be easier if I got on and followed Katy.  So, I did! 

We trotted neatly round and then kicked into canter and she was off!  She leapt forwards and really raced - what a pleasure to ride and easily the best fun I've had in ages.  Being completely honest, I can't say there was a great deal of control but I was having such a great time I couldn't care less. 

After a few rounds of the gallops, we hacked out through this beautiful countryside...


With these pretty ladies...


Had a quick feed...

Cheyenne and Sadhira

A cuddle with my favourite dog...


Sighed at the gorgeous weather...


And then drove to Hook tandoori feeling knackered, filthy (why do I never remember to bring clean clothes?!) and ready for bed.

Sexxxxy!


Hook tandoori comes very recommended, by the way.  If you're ever in Hampshire!


No comments:

Post a Comment